Got a nice picture or video you took with your T2i? Submit it below and the winner's picture/video will be posted up as the website header for the month of November.
I wish we could throw in a prize but unfortunately, we don't have any sponsors yet. Bragging rights are always fun to win though!
Also the winner will choose the next POTM`s theme!
Looking forward to seeing what you all got! The poll will be added on October 20th for the first round of voting. October 25, 2011 as the poll will be updated so that everyone can vote on their favourite from the top 3 that made it past the first round of voting.
The Theme of this Competition is Sunset/Sunrise.RULES
1. One photo entry per user (so pick your best one!). Choose wisely as the first photo you submit will be the one judged. You can't switch photos once one's been submitted.
2. Photo has to be in some way related to the Theme.
2. Photo has to be in landscape orientation (as opposed to portrait), preferably 990x415 as this will be the cropped end product (Photos that have a smaller width than 990 or a smaller height than 415 will be disqualified - the reason, enlarging photos degrades their quality).
3. Deadline for entries is midnight MST on October 20, 2011.
4. Between October 20 and 25, members vote on their 3 favourites and can update/change their votes up until midnight October 25. From midnight October 25 to the end of the month, the poll will be reset with the top 3 vote-getters from the first round and members can vote for their favourite.
5. Moderators can now enter a photo in the contest without worrying about conflict on interest, haha.NEW THIS MONTH - ENTER A VIDEO HEADER!
As some of you have seen, I've tested a video header for the last week or so. If you're up for the challenge, here are the rules for video entries
1. Members submitting a video header can only do so if they have a Vimeo Plus
account (for anyone wondering, I don't get paid anything if you register) or if they send me the original file directly (need this so that the header doesn't have the play buttons and all that other crap - just the pause and resize buttons).
2. The video has to have these exact dimensions 1688 x 720 (for those of you video gurus wondering why these dimensions instead of 990x442, it's because anything less than 720p uploaded to vimeo won't be HD so I had to trick Vimeo by uploading the video at 720p then resize in the header code to 990x442 to retain HD quality)
3. You'll need to incorporate the site logo into your video which you can download from here...
4. I only know how to use the keying in Premiere so you'll have to place the header logo above on a track that is above your video track then apply the Blue Screen Key to it...
Tips for Videos: Subtle movements are best (ex. tripod shots) as anything fast will probably look choppy. Aim for about 20 or 30 seconds of video footage.
Good luck everyone!